Thursday, 31 January 2013

PALM ON THE CANAL By Cecelia Lyden


acrylic
11x14
 
Another beautiful day at the Savannas Recreational Park. This was our 3rd trip to this peaceful haven. I haven't seen any alligators yet [thank Heavens], but many different varieties of birds have appeared and up close , too. As far as this painting is concerned, I can't quite get the intensity of the natural colors right. The sky shouhd be much lighter, but lowering its intensity or its color saturation level, washes out the colors of the grasses, water and palm tree. I'll work on it a little more.

3 comments:

Julie Riker said...

So nice to see your Florida paintings here. You may just be the only one in our group who is painting outside these days. Thanks for sharing your paintings - like a visual diary of your vacation.

Dianne Lorden said...

This was so great to see! I have not been on this site in a while and expected, when I opened it, to find shivery scenes done by brave outdoorsmen. (I'm feeling so lame that I have not been out working.) But palm trees in February! Now, that's just what the doctor ordered. Your Florida paintings are gorgeous and fun :)

Cecelia Lyden said...

Thank you, Diane--I,ve said this before, but I sincerely wish all my plein air cmpadres could share this FLA weather with me.