Friday, 18 January 2013

PALM REFLECTIONS By Cecelia Lyden

acrylic
11x14
 
The Florida weather has been so beautifully warm and balmy-fabulous for painting outdoors.This painting was done on my first paintout here--Savannas Area Recreational Park. There are lots of palms, gnarly oaks, a canal and fields, with the backdrop of blue skies and white, puffy clouds. In this section of the canal the water was shaded heavily and the reflections were dark blue-green, creating stunning contrasts.We will be returning next Tuesday. Hopefully, Madeline Reilly will make it up from Stuart to paint with us. It will be fun to see her.







2 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I love seeing this on our plein air blog, Cecelia. As we face a severe cold spell this comin week in Pennsylvania, I can come here and look at this lovely painting of a warmer climate. Thank you!

Cecelia Lyden said...

You are so sweet, Claire. I wish I could send you all some of this balmy weather.