Monday, 25 February 2013


acrylic//canvasboard
11x14

I started this painting in plein air. It took me three hours [not including the time to select, photograph the site and set up] just to compose, draw and rough paint in the the main values.I especially loved the four different roof lines and the geometric shapes. I, also, loosely painted in the main colors, but most of the shadow work was completed indoors in front of my computer.
This site, the charming home of a Florida resident, is set amongst a huge variety of trees and tropic-like plants, shrubs, crockery and statueary. It was like a day in paradise, working there.Serene, more beautiful, balmy weather, no humidity and wonder of all  wonders--no bugs. This event was the second of three plein air opportunities, arranged by a Fort Pierce art group for a small fee.

The colors are off a bit n this image-I tried, but I couldn't get them accurate enough-a tad more intense and more blue in this image than in the painting.

1 comment:

Clare Klaum said...

Cecelia, Love this painting. Great colors and shadows. It does look like a paradise, wish I was there. Hope you are having a wonderful time.