Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Morning on the Farm by Julie Riker

8x16 oil

     This is one of two paintings that I did last August on our day long painting outing to the Olson farm.  This one was the first of the two, painted in the morning as the mist was beginning to lift.  It was such a great day, and I hope we are invited back again this year.

     This is one of 5 paintings that sold during my reception last Friday night kicking off the sale of a greeting card to benefit the YWCA which featured my Red Tulip painting.  Thanks to everyone who came out to support me and the YWCA.  The Y raised over $1,200 in card sales and the Red Tulip painting went for $1,000 to an anonymous bidder.
 
     The cards are also available for purchase online at http://www.ywcahbg.org/cardswithheart#.UUmsPlfxfGs

No comments: