Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Painting Along the Creek by Julie Riker

11x14 oil

     This painting is only partially painted in plein air, but I am posting it here because it was started during one of the group's outings.  Quite a few members of our group met on a sunny day last summer at the home of Claire Carnell's friend and painted in her beautiful gardens along the creek.  I had the majority of this blocked in and left it alone for awhile, always liking the fresh feel and not wanting to mess with it too much.  Just last week I added the figure, Deb Kreiger, using my photo reference from the day.

    I will be showing this painting along with 19 other pieces during a one night only exhibit this Friday the 15th, 6-8 pm at City House Bed and Breakfast on Front St. Harrisburg.  It is a special reception to kick off the sale of a greeting card benefiting the YWCA which features my Red Tulip painting.  The cards will be available for purchase that evening.  Each card costs $10 and will provide a night's shelter to a woman and her child.  It will be a lovely night and all are welcome to attend.  http://www.ywcahbg.org/events/ywca-cards-heart-kickoff-reception#.UUEr4le6xk0

3 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This is one of my most favorite paintings of yours, Julie. This is fantastic!

Debra Kreiger said...

I love it! Can't wait to see it in person.

Julie Riker said...

Thanks Claire and Deb!