Friday, 24 May 2013

Main St., Mechanicsburg

This pastel represents my first plein air event of the spring - last Saturday's wine walk in Mechanicsburg, Pa. The weather was cool and breezy and I didn't last the entire day, as I'd hoped. (Should have been dressed warmer; I was too optimistic!) Anyway, brought it home incomplete as some of the view was blocked by cars. I took some photos of the scene, from a different vantage point, to get around the cars. A few days later, when I was going to "fill in the blanks," I discovered that the photos I took (hastily) were of no help. Then I was stumped! Finally, I just put the cars in the painting. So, they are what was added afterward. I hadn't wanted cars in the scene, but they were actually kiind of fun.
My artwork/blog: South Mountain Sketchbook

No comments: