Thursday, 13 June 2013

G.Weikert Farmhouse by Dianne Lorden

What a week! I haven't posted a thing yet, but have been busy during the Gettysburg Festival's plein air paint out, as I know some others have been, too. This pastel is from Tuesday morning. I broke from the schedule - since Monday morning was so rainy, I went, on Tuesday, to the spot I'd planned for Monday. This is the George Weikert farmhouse. I'd done it before, but not from this view. This is a much better look at this lovely house and its setting. I had about 1-1/2 hours before rain chased us off, so not too shabby! Did finish fencing and rocks at home.
My fine art website is South Mountain Sketchbook

5 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cecelia Lyden said...

Dianne--I like the softness of the sky, trees and grass contrasting with the harder edges of the house's stones and the rock wall. Solid composition-charming pastel.

Julie Riker said...

I like the softness of this too!
And I think this piece sold??
Congratulations Diane!

Dianne Lorden said...

Yes, thanks!

Clare Klaum said...

Dianne
This is one of my favorite paintings that I have seen of yours. I love the soft effect of the pastel in the sky and grass along with the sharp detail of the house and stone wall and fence. I can see why this sold. Lovely!