Wednesday, 17 July 2013

"Candy Box Landscape I" by Larry Lerew


"Candy Box Landscape I" by Larry Lerew
#13-07-12
Acrylic on Archival Canvas Panel 8" x 16"
En Plein Air July 16, 2013, Old Gettysburg Golf Club (now being returned to its natural state by the National Park Service.)

I explored a little with this painting and tried some new things. I started with a red toned canvas and masked off the boarders with tape to show the red edge after completion. I used all acrylic heavy body paint with a cut-up credit card to paint with much like a palette knife painting. I really liked the results and now need to do this again with a black or orange under tone. It always feels good to try new things. Artists progress one painting at a time. I call it "Candy Box Landscape I" because it reminds me of the colorfully illustrated covers used on boxes of chocolates years ago.

www.LarryLerew.com

1 comment:

Cecelia Lyden said...

Two completely different techniques for painting a landscape. Both you and Vivian have unique painting styles with always creative, artistic and beautiful results.