Sunday, 18 August 2013

More from Wahington trip.

 Some more photo and paintings from our recent trip to Washington.
Those are photos from our first painting day. Another beautiful,
somewhat private location. We painted there whole afternoon and
I ended up with two finished field sketches. In meaning of what we did
"field sketch" applies to not-too complicated painting done at short period of time
without using of extensive underpainting techniques. Basically just dry pastel application.
My #1 work is shown above and below. 5x7", Wallis PRO Belgium mist.


On a photo below You simply can see panoramic view what I used
for both my sketches that day. One was a painting if little waterway on a left
and another one - farm fields on a right.


I'm working on second small painting. You can see my field easel
and all set up, including initial value sketch on the very top of my easel.


Lastly - finished small painting #2. Another 5x7" work on Wallis.
It was beautiful day to paint.
**************************************

to be continued.....

4 comments:

Julie Riker said...

Looks like a good time! Nice to see your work!

Tatiana Myers said...

Thank You, Julie!
Those sumer "get-aways" are my Plien Air retreat for sure. I'm planning to keep doing it as long as could. Very motivating and we do learn a bunch every time. Perhaps next year it will be Vermont, but it is not confirmed yet.

Vivian Sterste - Brandler said...

AAAAAAHHHHHH!~!!!!!! Now you must think I am a total "newbie"....as I have realized from looking at these pieces that THAT is your signature...not a picnic table...lololol...regardless......I will not remove my comment as I am proud of my awkward humor!

Again in these works, I enjoy the way you blend sky into horizon!

Tatiana Myers said...

Not a problem, Vivian!
Yes, it is funny, but I'm cool with that.