Friday, 30 August 2013

SWEET-SMELLING HONEYSUCKLE By Cecelia Lyden

oil/canvas
11x14
www.cecelialyden.com
After driving around Boiling Springs for about 15 to 20 minutes, Julie and I finally decided to settle on one of the many "painting worthy"spots we happened upon. It was yet another partially cloudy, humid day. Luckily the sun was out enough for me to capture a shadow of the maple tree, which made the negative road space more interesting. The honeysuckle cascading over the grey stockade fence, however, became the focus of this painting. 

4 comments:

Sue Marrazzo said...

Cecelia...So Beautiful...I love your colors, too!

Clare Klaum said...

Cecelia,
I love your composition and I can smell the Honeysuckle from here. Did you see any Hummingbirds?

Vivian Sterste - Brandler said...

You work is so luminous, soft and gentle.....very much like you my dear!

Cecelia Lyden said...

Thank you, ViVi--such a nice compliment--Hope to see you at Larry's.