Wednesday, 9 October 2013

"Mistress of Ceremonies" by Larry Lerew

"Mistress of Ceremonies"

#13-09-05
Acrylic on Archival Canvas Panel 15" x 40"
en Plein Air, September 2013, Chatham Beach, Cape Cod, MA
 
This painting is currently on exhibit with Resent Works By Susquehanna Valley Plein Air Painters in Gallery 2318 Market Street, Camp Hill, PA.
Exhibit is open every weekend in October Saturdays 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
and Sundays 12 noon to 4 p.m.
I will demonstrate my plein air painting techniques with acrylics on Sunday, Oct. 27, 2 to 4 p.m.
 
 
 
We had an ocean breeze so before I started painting I supported by 15" x 40" canvas with bull clips and bungee cords attached to a steel guardrail. I finished this painting on site in about 2 1/2 hours. This painting is all brushwork with a lot of overlapping and drybrush application. I was amazed at all the colors I found in the sand and water. This painting is 1 of 7 I completed at the cape and 4 of them are now showing at Gallery 2318.

No comments: