Wednesday, 21 May 2014

"WISTERIA'S VIOLET FRAGRANCE" An Original Pastel Painting by Clare Klaum

This was my first painting for the Plein Air Camp Hill Festival 2014.   It was only about 2 miles from my house.  The owner of this house and beautiful garden was a lovely women named Yong.  She was so delightful and gracious! The first day I was there she made me egg rolls with fresh chives from her garden and they were delicious! I hope to go back and paint there again as she has flowers blooming in every season.  Thank you Yong.! Her neighbors across the alley have a covered carport and they gave me permission to sit under it to paint as the prediction for Tuesday was a chance of rain.  Thank you Andrea and Josh!  I think one of the best things about Plein Air painting is the wonderful people God brings into your life for just a brief time and create a special moment while you create a painting!

If you would like to see more of my work please visit my website
www.clareklaumfineart.com

2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo said...

Beautiful, Simply Beautiful!

Cecelia Lyden said...

Clare-your delieightful experience with these nice people is reflected in this beautiful painting. I enjoyed all my contacts and conversations with onlookers as well.