Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Seaside Shed by Julie Riker

8x10 oil

Thanks to Cecelia for arranging a lovely day for us to paint at her daughter's home near Annapolis! It's a lovely property - on a peninsula, surrounded on 3 sides by water.  
I painted this outbuilding and made it my intention to keep the shadows high key as the whole scene was blown out by sunlight.  The only deep shadow is the interior of the shed seen through the one broken window pane.

If you would like to see more of my work please visit my website www.julieriker.com

4 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

YOU AND DEB WORK FAST-I WENT TO BED AT 8:15-IWAS SO TIRED-YOUR PAINTING IS SUNNY, FILLED WITH LIGHT AND TRULY PLEIN AIR.

Julie Riker said...

Thanks Cecelia! And thanks for arranging the day and doing all the driving...no wonder you were tired.

Clare Klaum said...

What a bright and sunny painting by the Bay. Love the sparkles on the water.

Julie Riker said...

Thanks Claire!