Friday, 10 October 2014

"CODORUS STATE PARK IN EARLY FALL" Original Pastel Painting by Clare Klaum


On Wednesday a few of us painted at Codorus State Park.  The weather for the most part was beautiful and sunny. I had most of this painting completed.  I just needed to finish the trees on the right. Also I wanted to punch  up some of the colors in the foreground.  The trees were just beginning to turn.  A few times we had a gust of wind come up very suddenly. One of those times a tray from my pastel pencils lifted up and dumped my pencils on the ground and started to fly across the field.  Luckily I was able to retrieve it and put my pencils back in place.  All in all it was a beautiful day painting and laughing with friends.  I would love to go back when the Fall foliage is peak.  It will be spectacular!

        If you would like to see more of my work, please visit my website
                                     www.clareklaumfineart.com

1 comment:

Sharon Benner said...

Well done, you captured the clear, fall day and colors!