Sunday, 19 October 2014

"MOSS COVERED SHED, WALSH FARM" Original Pastel Painting by Clare Klaum


On Thursday October 16, I joined Mary Beth to paint at the Walsh Farm.
The day was a mix of clouds and possible rain in the afternoon. There was a brief time when the sun came out and revealed a blue sky with clouds. The shed near the entry road, just like Cecelia,  caught my attention with the moss covered roof.  I worked on it for about 2 hours or so and then rain forced me to leave.  I finished it in my studio.  There were so many interesting places to paint, I would love to return.  The goats were so friendly.  They pranced to the fence as I approached and were eager for attention. The tabby cat seemed to want to give me a tour of the property.  What a quaint place!  Thank you Mary Beth for arranging this paint out. 

          If you would like to see more of my work, please visit my website
                                    www.clareklaumfineart.com

2 comments:

Mary Beth Brath said...

Lovely painting Clare. You really caught the character of that roof.

Clare Klaum said...

Thank you Mary Beth. Thank you for arranging this paint out. Can you imagine how this property would look in the snow? We will have to consider that if we can brave the cold weather. Tailgate party with hot chocolate anyone?