Friday, 24 July 2015

Painting Boiling Springs on a Big Canvas by Larry Lerew




Finally found the right moment to go paint Boiling Springs, PA again with a fresh eye on a big canvas. We had a forecast of a stretch of pleasant dry air this week so I planned a two day painting. 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. each day on the street, start to finish was most rewarding. I had hoped to paint a street scene but this "Red Beauty" presented its self and stopped me in my tracks. I worked off the tailgate of my pick-up truck under a cool shade tree. Lots of people stopped to see me work and enjoyed having a painter in town. I always want to go back for more.
"Red Beauty"
Acrylic on 36" x 36" Stretched Gallery Wrapped Canvas
en Plein Air July 22 & 23, 2015

3 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

Super rendering in your always lively style.

Julie Riker said...

It's an impressive piece Larry! Nice seeing you out painting!

Susan B. Landis said...

Your hard work and perseverance paid off!