Wednesday, 9 August 2017

SOLD-- SOPHIA'S SUNSHINE-- An Original Pastel Painting by Clare Klaum


A few weeks ago I painted with our Plein Air group for the second time they went to the Sunflower fields.  This was the first time in a very long time that I Plein Air painted.  I was not happy with my painting so the following week I went by myself to try again.  This time I was successful.  I spent 3 hours on location till the bugs were relentless and finished it at home.  Sophia of Sophia's on Walden and Sophia's on Market had these Sunflowers planted.  The community has enjoyed painting, photographing and picking these beautiful flowers.  The Susquehanna Valley Plein Air Painters have an exhibit at Carlisle Arts Learning Center.  At our opening reception on August 4 Sophia came to our reception at my invitation.  She loved the exhibit and bought 3 paintings, one of them mine.  That night 6 paintings were sold.  It was a very successful evening!  The exhibit will remain there until September 2 in the upper Gallery.

                              To see more of my work, please visit my website
                                               www.clareklaumfineart.com

No comments: