Requirements are as follows:
1. $15 dues for membership, open to all interested painters.
SVPAP currently has 40 members. At this time, it appears that there is no need for a cap on membership.
If you are interested in joining SVPAP:
- Email the URL to your web site or blog, or three to four high quality digital pictures of your plein air paintings to SVPAP's Membership Coordinator Jill Pekelun, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject line of the email, write "SVPAP Membership Submission".
- Include your name and phone number within the email so that we can contact you if there are any questions
- Once you are accepted, you will need to pay a $15.00 yearly membership dues to complete your application process. Membership dues will be due January 1st of each new year. Failure to pay dues by January 30th will result in revocation of membership.
- Payment can be made by check or money order. Please make your check out to "Susquehanna Valley Plein Air Painters" or "SVPAP", and mail to:
Becoming a member of the Susquehanna Valley Plein Air Painters organization will allow you
to join our blog, where you can post your plein air work, get information on exhibit opportunities, learn where groups/individuals are painting during the week and MUCH more!
Currently, Membership to the SVPAP Blog is FREE. However, if membership grows extensively, a nominal fee will be charged to administrate this blog.
1. You must have a blog in order to post to this blog.
2. Once you join the blog, you must become a FOLLOWER of the blog. This adds to our linkage and will push our blog up in the search engines.
3. All SVPAP members are encouraged everyone to place feedback about others work in a friendly and respective manner.
Feedback is very important to help progress and should contain 2 things:
a. Your positive reflections about the work of art.
b. Your carefully worded and friendly indication of an area for improvement. We are all very sensitive about our art, so please respect and encourage everyone's effort.
Posting your work to the SVPAP Blog
1. All paintings posted MUST be plein air (painted outside on location - not in the studio). Often with plein air we bring back our work and sometimes make a few adjustments in the studio - this is acceptable. However, a complete rework of the painting done in the studio would not be acceptable.
2. Title of your post must include your name (e.g. "Name of My Painting" by "Your Name").
3. Label of post must include your name.
4. No profanity, obscenity or lewd nudity will be allowed.
5. Please post only the picture of your artwork - NOT the frame.
6. All work must be created by hand, and can be in any medium (e.g., watercolor, acrylics, pastel, oils)EXCEPT digital.
1. All work must be painted in plein air.
2. All work must be suitably framed, with wire attached securely to hang the painting.
3. Each painting entered into exhibition must be marked clearly on the back with the name of the artist, the title of the painting, the size of the unframed painting and the medium used to create the painting.
Please Note: The Officers of the Susquehanna Valley Plein Air Painters reserve the right to cancel a membership at any time.